Date(s) - Feb 13 - 2021
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Take a lesson or Earn a Snorkeler Certification!
If you can swim, then you can snorkel!
But do you snorkel safely and confidently? New England Dive’s expert team of instructors is here to help you learn more about snorkeling.
Snorkeling is the use of mask, fins, and snorkel to primarily swim on the surface while being able to keep your face in the water without having to lift your head to breath. Periodically you may dive below the surface for a short period of time to examine something closer. A snorkel is a very personal piece of equipment. It lives with your mask, spends time in your mouth, and lets you breathe while you look below. Snorkeling can also include buoyancy equipment and saftey equipment. Learning proper technique can vastly improve a snorkeling experience.
During this Snorkel event:
- Students will learn new skills and/or improve existing skills related to snorkeling.
- Students must Pre-Register for this event.
- This class can be delivered as a Snorkel Certification or as a skill intensive with a certified instructor.
- All participants must report to New England Dive to finalize registration in person, before heading over to meet at the pool.
- During this event you occupying the pool as a member of New England Dive Training, and not the pool facility. Please do not approach the facility for additional in-water training options. Please contact New England Dive for additional water time and future events at the pool.
- Non- instructed snorkelers & Swimmers are welcomed for some water time if space allows! (All bodies in the water are subject to fees.)
- There is a 3-person minimum for this course at the posted price. Private 1:1 and 2:1 snorkel classes are subject to additional fees.
How to sign up:
- Space is limited, the sooner you sign up the better your chances are of guaranteeing that there will be space for you at the event.
- Please use the form below
- Or contact the New England Dive staff by phone to pre-register.
We do not have a pool on site at New England Dive. For this class and many other classes, NED supports local public pools in the surrounding area.
After you have Pre-Registered, this event will take place at:
The Meriden, CT YMCA- 110 West Main St. Meriden, CT 06451
IMPORTANT: Participants must first meet at New England Dive to sign waivers, pay fees, and collect equipment (if needed).
New England Dive- 1060 S. Colony Rd. Wallingford, CT 06492
Snorkeler Course Costs:
- $295- A snorkeler certification + Full set of Snorkeling Equipment- (Includes a set of custom fit gear package you will own after class).
- $149- A snorkeler certification using rental equipment.
- $99-Snorkeler instruction intensive without a certification.