Date(s) - Mar 6 - 2022
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
CW3-Confined Water Day 3
BEGINNER- OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER CERTIFICATION
Day 3- Location:
Meriden YMCA 110 West Main St. Meriden, CT 06451
*Please arrive on time to class to ensure we take full advantage of our in-water training time *
For CW3 (Confined Water Training day 3) any student that has preregistered & completed CW1 & CW2 of our 3 day, group, Confined Water training weekend, for the Open Water Scuba Diver certification course should arrive to the designated pool location at the designated time.
This is day 3 of 3, the class is held in a pool setting. Please make sure to bring with you:
- Bathing suit *(Due to Covid19 restrictions, there is no use of changing rooms at this time. Restrooms are also limited to emergencies only. Please arrive dressed and ready to swim/dive.)*
- The issued life support equipment from day 1
- Water Bottle
During this time we will be on SCUBA working in the water and practicing all skills needed to complete step 2, the Confined Water Training, portion of the beginner Open Water Scuba Diver Certification training program. CW1, CW2, and CW3 build upon each other and need to be completed as a cohort, in order, on the same weekend.
OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER
INCLUDES: (Step 1) E-LEARNING MATERIALS, (Step 2) CW TRAINING, (Step 3) OW TRAINING.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE!
- (Step 1)- Get E-Learning code directly from New England Dive.
- 16 chapters and quiz completed online, at home, at your leisure (SDI $129.95) – (PADI $195.00)
- Come in for a custom fit personal gear package: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Mesh bag.
- Special student discount, price matching, and possible product bonus offers.
- (Step 2)- Complete the Confined Water training portion of course. ($250.00)
- 1 Classroom (Thurs 4 HRS)
- 2 pool sessions (Sat 4 HRS) (Sun 4 HRS)
- (Step 3)- Complete the Open Water training portion of course ($250.00 Fee) Includes: Instruction, Gear, and Printed C-Card.
Call NEW ENGLAND DIVE Now to Register! (203) 284.1880
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification and those interested in underwater exploration.
This course is designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or even in your backyard. You may go swimming in the ocean or snorkel over a reef, but now it’s time to take it one step further. See the underwater world as it is meant to be experienced – underwater.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent (age 10-14 = Junior Open Water certification).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training.
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Adventure Diver and other Specialty courses.
*NOTE: JUNIOR OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVERS (AGES 10-14) MUST PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES WITH A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR DIVE PROFESSIONAL.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance.
- Dive planning.
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures.
- And much more!
SDI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course.
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently.