Date(s) - Dec 14 - 2017
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
CW1- Confined Water Training Day 1
OPEN WATER – BEGINNER SCUBA DIVER
Day 1- conducted at New England Dive 476 North Colony St. Wallingford, CT 06492
Any student that has preregistered for our group Open Water Scuba Diver course should arrive at New England Dive with their E-learning materials completed for the first day of Confined Water 1 (CW1) Training. This is day 1 of 3, the class is held at our facility in a dry classroom setting. During this time we will issue the life-support equipment needed for day CW2 & CW3 (that are conducted in a pool setting), fill out paperwork, and lecture about the information learned using the E-learning program. CW day 2 & CW day 3 are held in one of the local pools we use for training. Times and locations vary please confirm with your customer service dive professional when signing up for your class.
$750.- INCLUDES ALL MATERIALS, PERSONAL GEAR, CW TRAINING, & OW TRAINING.
$500.- ADJUSTED FOR STUDENTS WHO CHOOSE TO COMPLETE OPEN WATER (OW) DIVES ELSEWHERE USING THE GLOBAL REFERRAL PROGRAM.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification and those interested in underwater exploration.
This course is designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or even in your backyard. You may go swimming in the ocean or snorkel over a reef, but now it’s time to take it one step further. See the underwater world as it is meant to be experienced – underwater.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent (age 10-14 = Junior Open Water certification).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training.
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Adventure Diver and other Specialty courses.
*NOTE: JUNIOR OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVERS (AGES 10-14) MUST PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES WITH A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR DIVE PROFESSIONAL.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance.
- Dive planning.
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures.
- And much more!
SDI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course.
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE!
- Get E-Learning code directly from New England Dive.
- 16 chapters and quiz completed online, at home, at your leisure $100.- ($119.95 retail: you save $19.95! ) v Come in for a Custom fit Personal Gear package: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Defog, Mesh bag.
- Special Student package price is $199.95 ($259.70+ Retail: you save $59.75+)
- Complete the Confined Water training portion of course. ($199.95 Value)
- 1 Classroom (Thurs 4 HRS), 2 pool sessions (Sat 4 HRS) (Sun 4 HRS).
- Complete the Open Water training portion of course ($250.00 Value) Includes: Instruction, Gear, and Printed C-Card.