Date(s) - Oct 27 - 2018
3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
CW- Confined Water Training Day 1
OPEN WATER – BEGINNER SCUBA DIVER
Day 1- conducted at East Lyme High School.
(Sat 10/27- Dry Classroom 11AM-3PM+/-, then Pool 4PM-7PM)
(Sun 10/28- Pool 7AM-12PM)
**Bring a bathing suit and towel, as well as food/drink for break.**
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE!
- $119.95- (Free Log Book from New England Dive)- Get E-Learning code directly from New England Dive.- Complete the 16 chapters and quiz online, at home, at your leisure.
- Special Student discounts of 10% on entire store. (This discount brings product costs below internet pricing.)- Come in for a Custom fit Personal Gear package: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Defog, Mesh bag.
- $199.95- Complete the Confined Water training portion of course. (The classroom & pool sessions.)
- $250.00 Value- Complete the Open Water training portion of course. Includes: Instruction, Gear, and Printed C-Card.
Any student that has preregistered for this group Open Water Scuba Diver course should arrive at East Lyme HS with their E-learning materials completed for the first day of Confined Water 1 (CW1) Training. This is day 1 of 2 for the East Lyme Program.
Day 1 of class is held 1/2 in a dry classroom setting & 1/2 in a pool. During this time we will issue the life-support equipment needed for later in the day, and for CW2 (Day 2 that is conducted in only a pool setting). The class will start by filling out paperwork, and lecture about the information learned using the E-learning program. There will be a break between dry classroom and pool on this day.
Day 2 of class is held in just the pool.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification and those interested in underwater exploration.
This course is designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or even in your backyard. You may go swimming in the ocean or snorkel over a reef, but now it’s time to take it one step further. See the underwater world as it is meant to be experienced – underwater.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent (age 10-14 = Junior Open Water certification).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training.
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Adventure Diver and other Specialty courses.
*NOTE: JUNIOR OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVERS (AGES 10-14) MUST PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES WITH A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR DIVE PROFESSIONAL.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance.
- Dive planning.
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures.
- And much more!
SDI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course.
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently.